rharv-- The persistence is appreciated.

>>Have you got Realtracks (meaning audio) to play back and work OK?

I can get audio out of the software, yes. I can enter chords and play them back in a selected style.

>> Another question; when you try to play, what channel do you have selected in BiaB?

Channel? I've tried different tracks (especially melody and thru) but I don't see how to set the MIDI channel.

>> Question 2 - What channel is the keyboard sending MIDI on?

I just set it to 1, but I can set it up to 16.

>>Does the Synth channel match the track's selected MIDI channel?

I don't know. I've rummaged through the Coyote thing to see if I could figure it out, but BiaB tends to crash any time I go in there.

>>FWIW I'm pretty sure I could get you working in RB .. I don't try much in BiaB other than trying out styles/chords .. then it's off to RB pretty quickly here.
More intuitive for me.<<

I think I've had that experience with past editions as well.

>>Can you simply connect the audio from the keyboard to the audio in on the computer?
That would be easiest. <<

There's no audio on the keyboard. It's strictly, as I understand it, for MIDI out. I got a USB port, which I'm using, and I got a classic MIDI out port. I guess I could get a sound module but I think that would just add another element to debug at this point.

>>Also, others know more, but I *think* MIDI thru is channel 4 or 5 on BiaB.

I switched the keyboard to four, then five, but didn't detect any difference.

>> Also, very related thread:

I can see how this might just be a bug. (Contemplating the codebase for this gives me a chill.) It mostly seems to relate to ASIO stuff, though, which I'm not using. I could, with the right chord, plug it into my sound card's ASIO port, I think, but really, I was just thinking of this keyboard as like a QWERTY with fewer keys. =P

I think there's a fundamental issue, with this software crashing all the time, and preventing me from doing things because of "lack of memory". I'm going to try a different machine, I think.

Last edited by dsbw; 01/07/17 12:56 PM.