Hi y'all

My 160GB iPod Classic is dying. It's given me many good years of pleasure. It's my car radio replacement, and it's taken me from Florida to Canada and back a few times, plus it goes on all my daily errands like grocery shopping, music store trips, day trips for fun, traveling to gigs, etc. It's even lasted longer than a car or two. But all things have an end date, and it's near.

It's been flaky for a while, and now it tells me the database is corrupted and shows no songs. I'm going to try to fix that, but in any case even if I can fix that, I'll probably need to get a new one.

The radio stations around here are not what I want to listen to. Too many ads, too many songs repeated, and too many songs I don't care to listen to.

The classical station is classic lite and usually will only play single movements from old symphonies (I recall a DJ playing the 3/4 movement from Beethoven's first symphony saying "Here is one by Beethoven before he got too wild"). The pop, country, and classic rock stations talk for about 20 minutes per hour and you hear the same songs every day and the same ads again and again and again.

I tried Sirius, but they talk too much and there is no variety station that compares to what I have on "Radio Bob" (rock, blues, Musica Latina, Caribbean, Classical, jazz, pop, standards, world music, country, and dozens of other genres).

I have about 10,000 songs on my iPod, culled from my LP and CD collection plus some purchased mp3s. Fortunately I have them all backed up on my hard drive.

So I'm looking for a pocket sized mp3 player with an earphone jack that has a huge hard drive.

I can buy a discontinued iPod classic on-line, but I wonder if there is something newer and better out there that doesn't need iTunes or a 3rd party replacement.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Notes

Last edited by Notes Norton; 01/10/17 06:41 AM.

Bob "Notes" Norton smile Norton Music
https://www.nortonmusic.com

100% MIDI Super-Styles recorded by live, pro, studio musicians for a live groove
& Fake Disks for MIDI and/or RealTracks