Quote:
So we finished the night without any further incident. The girlfriends stayed and left with the guys, and I drove home to my house. When the bass player got home, his clothes were scattered on the front lawn and the door was locked and chained. The drummer found his house ransacked, the TV smashed, the bed sliced up and his wife gone. Same thing for the singer.... The drummer's wife was not heard from for over 2 months.

Eventually, everyone made up, and the incident was forgotten as life went on...and on.... and on.... this kind of thing tended to occur about every 6 months with those guys in various forms.

my similar story only differs in a few details... nobody was married yet, but suffice to say that sometimes hometown girlfriends travel to out of town gigs and discover other girlfriends.

I'll never forget the way the one guitar players girlfriend kept viciously kicking him in the shins with her pointy-toed shoes. Ouch.

All this happened at a topless club in Somerset Pa, and the memories of the event helped me to back out of the music business when I got married. Playing at those places makes it very hard to maintain trust in a relationship, and marriage is already a challenge without all that.