Follow up:

The Walkman sounds much, much better than the iPod ever did. Both Leilani and I immediately heard the difference.

The individual instrument/vocal parts are easier to distinguish, the overall sound is both cleaner and tighter, and the balance is better so I don't need as much EQ on my car's system.

I only play it in the car, with a cable hooked from the earphone jack to the aux in of the car's system so I don't know how it works otherwise.

I'm glad the iPod bit the dust.

Other details. The battery life is great ... I can drag and drop files with Windows File Explorer as if it were an external hard drive (good-bye and good riddance iTunes) ... it's very small and portable ... no screen swiping (which isn't good in a moving vehicle) and all the controls have a positive feel to them so they can be manipulated without taking my eyes off the road.

The only con so far is that the song title and artist on the display is with a very tiny font. I guess that's the price of the small size.

Insights and incites by Notes

Bob "Notes" Norton smile Norton Music
https://www.nortonmusic.com

100% MIDI Super-Styles recorded by live, pro, studio musicians for a live groove
& Fake Disks for MIDI and/or RealTracks