I think we have a misunderstanding here. Perhaps I didn't express myself clearly enough.

I didn't mean to pick on drummers, it just so happens that a drummer was the straw that broke the proverbial camel's back that finalized the decision to go duo.

BTW, my first instrument was drums, so I'm a drummer too.

I've been in bands since the 1960s and I've had problems with guitarists, bass players, keyboard players drummers and I have probably been a problem myself.

I've seen band members show up drunk or drugged, miss rehearsals, show up late for the gig, take long breaks, spend more time chasing a member of the opposite sex then doing their job on the gig, not learning their part before rehearsal, antagonizing management or audience members, and so on.

Not everybody in any profession takes their jobs as seriously as others do. Leilani and I take our job very seriously and have very strong work ethics.

I have been in good bands where we all took our jobs seriously, but that seems to be a rarity.

The only problem Leilani and I have is that neither one of us likes to be the 'band salesman'. Fortunately we have mostly repeat business and a few agents that throw work our way from time to time.

Insights and incites by Notes

Bob "Notes" Norton smile Norton Music
https://www.nortonmusic.com

100% MIDI Super-Styles recorded by live, pro, studio musicians for a live groove
& Fake Disks for MIDI and/or RealTracks