OK, I've got a song I'm working on, which is still a MIDI file . . . well, actually I've saved it as an RB file, but still it's MIDI. Anyway, it doesn't end exactly at the end of a measure. But I want the song to continue for a couple of more measures because I've added some stereo delay to the mix and I want the delay to ring out and diminish.

Well, I've found the command for inserting measures (Edit> Insert blank bars into song...), but this has to be done at an even measure point, and if I try to do this, it pushes the bits of leftover music out the number of measures I insert. The only work-around I've found, and it's a sloppy one, is to do a copy and paste to move the split apart bits back to where they were supposed to be. There's a bit of a problem, though. I'm still left with the split apart bits at the end of the song. If I try a cut and paste, RB kills the measures I inserted and if I do a copy and paste and then later go and cut off the leftover bits, RB still kills off the extra measures I've inserted. Even if I go into the tracks and delete each note, when I delete that last note, RB kills off the measures I inserted.

You know, in other software I've used, trying to accomplish this same thing is about 30 seconds worth of mouse clicks. Why does RB have to be so obtuse? Is there even a way in RB to do what I'm trying to do? What I'd really like to find is a command that basically sez "end the song here." (irrespective of whether or not there's any music left in any of the measures) But I haven't found one yet.

If there is no solution working with MIDI, I'm sure I'll be able to trim things once I've converted to audio, so all is not lost.