Tho a lot of folks hate Behringer, a solid setup that I have set 3 folks up with is a Berry MIC200 (copy of a TubeMP) and a MXL V67G large-capsule condenser.

V67G is a great mic that sounds warm, with a solid mid range & smooth high-end. I KNOW that sounds like a sales pitch, but it is not. I like this mic over every other condenser I have had here from Behringer, Rode, Shure, etc....and it looks cool! The next best mic I heard on my voice was a Shure KSM32.

I also owned a TubeMP. As a matter of fact that was my very fist external mic pre when I started. Mine also had a hum / buzz, but I fixed that with a tube swap. With the MIC200 I also swapped out the tube, but no for any problems. I just needed a ua7 instead of an ax7 for some more clean gain.

Both the TubeMP & MIC200 use a 12ax7, which breaks up at a lower volume. (this is why they are favorites in guitar amp pre's) the 12au7 does not break up until the top end of its range, so I could get the gain I needed for the ribbon mic. smile

The presets on the MIC200 are useful for quick down & dirty settings, and in fact I use the Keyboard setting on my MXL a lot, and the Vocal setting for my Samson CS & SM58. They are just EQ pre-sets with names, but they do come in handy. wink

Hope this helps! cool

i5 3.20GHz, 32gb RAM, 1tb SSD OS, 12tb HDD, 4gb gForce vid card, 32" monitor, Audient id44, Win10 x64, BiaB/RB 2023, Reaper 6,IK Multimedia Total Studio 3.5 MAX, Waves 10