Reading through this thread I just knew this was a downloaded midi file.

Put the file in RB and then hit F2 (I think) for each track and look for stuff like Sysex and embedded controllers. Some midi's even have a separate data track with no music info on it but lots of embedded stuff. Some have a CC setting the volume to zero (Why? No idea). I even have a few files that play some tracks and not others no matter what I try to do with them. They just don't work, period. Try deleting all that stuff using the Data Filter, do a save as and then reopen it in Biab and see what happens. If that still doesn't work then chalk it up to a bad midi file and move on.

If that file has a track that you just have to have then in RB copy the midi data alone but not any controllers and paste that one track into a new main project.

Yes, I know Biab can work with midi files, I never bother with that. RB is much better with midi's.

Hmmm, I just checked out the midi page and I see it's from Doug Mckenzie. I have pretty much all of his files and they're usually good. I'll check this out some more when I get home.

Bob

Last edited by jazzmammal; 01/24/17 10:23 AM.

Biab/RB latest build, Win 11 Pro, Ryzen 5 5600 G, 512 Gig SSD, 16 Gigs Ram, Steinberg UR22 MkII, Roland Sonic Cell, Kurzweil PC3, Hammond SK1, Korg PA3XPro, Garritan JABB, Hypercanvas, Sampletank 3, more.