Originally Posted By: 90 dB

The OP said this thread is not about the Showcase, but all the replies have referred to it, so it's relevant.

I meant it as, I wasn't referring to anything that had to do with the showcase when I started the thread. Not in a scolding "don't post about the showcase in my thread" kind of way.

I just wanted to be VERY clear, that my comments where NOT meant ABOUT the showcase. Apparently, that still wasn't clear? My comments were/are about people who send me demos of their talent for hire. Feel free to post in the thread anything you want about the showcase, but I don't want people to think I'm saying bad things about the showcase. That's my intent in the least!

Quote:
Now here comes WendyM, a new member, who is intimidated to post her songs. To me, this defeats the purpose of the Showcase.

100% agree. I love hearing where people are at, what they are doing and watching them improve if they desire. I would love to think they would feel ok with asking for help where needed. That's the idea to me. To help others with what THEY want to do...whatever that may be. smile

Quote:
It makes me wonder how many prospective customers will be put off the program by all of this.

Just so I know, are you referring to my thread, or the above WendyM and others may feel?

If this thread in any way is taken as something other than what I intended, "nuke it" and don't leave a headstone wink smile

Personally, I didn't think it was all that controversial. I know it went a lot of different directions, but I felt there was some good advice given. But it seriously isn't all that important of a topic. I'm here to learn. I feel you do that by listening. Sometimes the questions have to be asked to be able to listen to the response.

That being said, if the response coming back would be a universal misunderstanding of what I'm saying, then I put that on my poor communication. smile This may come as a surprise, but this wouldn't be the 1st time I was misunderstood on the forum. smile

So I leave it in all of your hands. I can ask the mods to remove the thread and we all move on to better things, if that's what needs to be done.

smile

Last edited by HearToLearn; 01/26/17 06:01 AM.

Chad (Hope that makes it easier)

TEMPO TANTRUM: What a lead singer has when they can't stay in time.