Excellent song and Courtney Grace is an excellent vocalist. Very enjoyable.

This mix sounds pretty nice to me.

Advice. Remember the vocal is always the king (most important and prominent track). Everything else is there to support the vocal.

Instead of turning up a track, listen closely to what may be covering the track. Turn other tracks down just a bit rather than raising volumes. Alternately, if two tracks (instruments) are competing for the same audio frequencies, reducing those frequencies with an equalizer for one instrument makes room for the other. Panning instruments also helps create space.

There are many resources for mixing available online and through YouTube and many are free. You can also search about and find out a lot through your own research. But I recommend purchase of the mixing courses by David Wills of Proaudiodvds. Check out some of his sample video clips on YouTube. He is a very experienced and capable teacher. Be aware that he has courses for live sound as well as recording sound. You will need to be sure you are looking at the recording sound course. He has a very engaging style and it's as if he is sitting in the room with you showing you mixing step by step, one on one.

Charlie

Last edited by Charlie Fogle; 01/28/17 03:38 AM.

BIAB Ultra Pak+ 2024:RB 2024, Latest builds: Dell Optiplex 7040 Desktop; Windows-10-64 bit, Intel Core i7-6700 3.4GHz CPU and 16 GB Ram Memory.