I need Josie and Bob to pick stocks for me. Their investment in the discontinued ATH 40 f/s, for (and I'm making a WAG here) $100 or less, had a 350% return! $450 a pair now, and as rare as hen's teeth.

I ordered the Sonys, ATHX, and HD280 Pros. The other suggestions were very helpful and greatly appreciated. I couldn't bring myself to order more, knowing I'll return all but one.

I can definitely hear a difference, but it's hard for me to tell which would be the best choice overall. The HD280s are the most comfortable and seal completely, like with no tracks playing, I can't hear anything in the outside world. I can wear them for hours without discomfort, which is the way I like it, just need to let a little heat out occasionally. The only drawback is the cable coiling. For my situation it catches on the desk, like stepping on an untied shoestring, but there's a work around, binding the coil at the interface, and using an extension cord.

Scott's helping me with an EQ plug-in adjustment and I'm really stoked! He's a mensch! You all are!

Andy

BIAB 2017 Ultra
Windows 8 and 10
Scarlet 18i8
Reaper and Mixpad