Very cool!

I went to college in Dahlonega, GA. It's a military college (along the lines of a Citadel or VMI); however, military participation is optional for female students and local commuters; mandatory for males.

Before my time there, I understand the moonshiners used to sell their wares in the town square on Saturdays. (FYI, Dahlonega is the site of the first major American gold rush, and the gold leaf on the capitol dome in Atlanta was mined from the Dahlonega area, as well as the gold leaf on the steeple of the college administration building. There even used to be a mint).

Anyway, while at college (North Georgia College, now the University of North Georgia as it has gone through several changes), we had many opportunities to sample "shine" from the locals, especially since Lumpkin County was a dry county (for the hard stuff; you could get beer and wine).

BTW, for a musical connection, the singer Shawn Mullins graduated from the college.

For a non-musical connection, Lieutenant General Steve Townsend, a classmate of mine, in charge of fighting ISIS in Iraq. However, I don't recall that he would partake of the locally distilled offerings. smile

John

Laptop-HP Omen I7 Win11Pro 32GB 2x2TB, 1x4TB SSD
Desktop-ASUS-I7 Win10Pro 32GB 2x1.5TB, 2x2TB, 1x4TB SATA

BB2024/UMC404HD/Casios/Cakewalk/Reaper/Studio One/MixBus/Notion/Finale/Dorico/Noteworthy/NI/Halion/IK

http://www.sus4chord.com