General Advice -

Assuming you're not Gender-Specific, too - for me, Country Music came to an end in about 1982. YMMV, but after about that time, Country Music became "Rock/Pop with a twangy vocalist". I paint with a broad brush, and there are exceptions, but...

Check out Waylon Jennings, Willie Nelson, Loretta Young, Johnny Cash, maybe Crystal Gayle (near the End of Days, but still valid), Rosanne Cash, and for God's sake, don't hit the road without EmmyLou Harris.

After the passing of "real" country, investigate Mary Chapin Carpenter. She is an absolute must-listen of the '90's.

Hallmarks of the "classic" Country genre are minimalistic arrangements, devoid of pretense (though never eschewing the device of a Bad Pun), and tasteful guitar / steel guitar arrangements. "Shredding" did not really exist, in the Golden Age.

As a male artist, I've never been a fan of overly-aggressive female vocal parts... and if you're that way, don't listen to entire albums by one artist. That reveals "pandering", when in one song the vocalist is tender and sweet, and the next she's a snarling assertive $#2&, but again that's just my opinion.

Check out also, Jim Reeves... and (shameless plug!) my own version of his classic here: https://soundcloud.com/dibubba/hell-have-to-go

Holler if you need more! laugh

We get 168 hours a week to be alive, for as many weeks as God lets us live. What shall you do with yours?