Does anyone know of or have a template or example or ideas for a composer/arranger agreement? Here's the situation; I get the basic song/s from the song writer/s, I arrange and compose and sometimes rewrite lyrics and melody in sections.
I want a written or simply emailed agreement so they will trust that I am not stealing their song/s. And also that I am not liable if they did not write it or if they get into a suite for their original version.

Most often these songs are not published and the writer/s have no legal copyright/s.

Also might have terms of how many primary examples I will provide before we decide if I continue, change direction or eliminate a particular song.

Perhaps offer the writer/s some resources to what publishing and copyrights are and what they should do if they are not secure about releasing a song to me or allowing me to publish their song/s in progress on sites such as BandCamp, SoundCloud, etc..

Eventually, if I've made significant input and changes to a song I'd like to at minimum be given recognition or even be included as one of the song writers. But, I think that would be a topic for time in the future.

Does the noise in your head bother me ?