Originally Posted By: VideoTrack
Originally Posted By: GHinCH
Without Hank, Karen would not have sung it. smile

No question about that. Just trying to broaden the repertoire/list of performers who did Country.

Well, that is o.k., even if I believe that the Carpenters never did Country but played a type of music that would be classified in Germany as "Schlager". *) For that type of music artists take songs of many genres and make it their own. And many genres have pieces of music that fit into that genre-bucket. Also many artists/genres change the marketing drawer they're in. Today CCR is regarded as a Country subgenre, if you would have told their fans in the 1960s and 70s that they're Country music fans you would've probably be stoned (no pun intended).

But in my post that you quoted I was reflecting on another part of your post "Lots did it including Hank" since he wrote that song.
I don't mind if the scope is broadend. One of my favourite country music albums is done by Louis Armstrong. Here's a link to a large online retailer with soundbits.

*) This link opens the German Wikipedia page which has a much more in depth view about that genre. The English page is extremely shortened, but has a more generalised definition and also relates to that type of music in other (especially) European countries.

Desktop; i7-2600k, 8 GB mem., Win 10 Pro, BIAB 2017; RB 2017 - latest build
Laptop: i5-2410M, 4 GB mem, Win 10 Pro, BIAB 2017; RB 2017 - latest build