I've been using the free Avast for years but now I need to upgrade to a paid version of something. Without getting too much into the weeds, it's all about identity theft issues regarding tax preparers and their clients. Several seminars I've recently been to talked about this a lot and just now I read an article about the future of CPA firms and it said a big emphasis will be advising clients about ID theft protection and their internal computer security. If we're putting out that kind of advice, I better have my stuff in order.

I'm reading about how some programs like Bitdefender include several good addons that others charge extra for like password managers, secure payment browsers and other things I don't know if I should care about or not. I work at a fairly large CPA firm but that's not what I'm asking about. I also have my own private clients I work with at home and it's my home system I'm looking to protect.

Bob

Biab/RB latest build, Win 11 Pro, Ryzen 5 5600 G, 512 Gig SSD, 16 Gigs Ram, Steinberg UR22 MkII, Roland Sonic Cell, Kurzweil PC3, Hammond SK1, Korg PA3XPro, Garritan JABB, Hypercanvas, Sampletank 3, more.