Originally Posted By: Guitarhacker
I'm glad I took the time to drop in and listen.

This reminded me of Neil Young from the start.... then when you hit the Ooh Ooh... I immediately thought.... ALABAMA.... the Neil Young song, not the band.

Yep I really like this because the style and groove are right up my alley. I was, and still am, a huge Neil fan. And this song has Mr Young's style all over it.

The lyric writing is really good and on target with a great message in there. I agree with David Snyder that the opening first "verse" is "eagles" good.

Melody and instrumentation, and lead work is also good.

Thoughts from inside my head..... I would have shortened it up a bit. 5:26 is a bit long. Repeating the first verse, because it IS so good, definitely contributed to that length. It used to be really common to repeat verses but that seems to have been replaced by writing equality good 2nd and 3rd verses. Resist the temptation to repeat your verses. I'm a big fan of long songs, especially when a good part of that lets me play my guitar. But again..... And much of this nit picking is dependent on what you plan to do with the song. For non-commercial writing... ignore it all.

I'm curious how you define the structure in this song. What you consider to be the verse, the chorus, and the bridge. This one confuses me a bit in that regard. I still like it a lot.

Yep, well done.

Thank you so much for the kind words,
I'm so glad that someone picked up on the inspiration from Neil Young's Alabama.
VCVCB Solo(VC) VC solo(B2) C