I just don't understand why would someone go to all the hassle of starting from scratch with an old OS on old hardware. Makes no sense to me. Win 10 is way better than 7 and even 8.1 for that matter. It has a great compatibility mode that runs old apps perfectly plus the security is lightyears ahead of the old systems. Read what our IT guy at the office said about that in the Tech S.O.S forum.

32 bit music apps run fine in a 64 bit OS but if your favorite music software has switched to 64 bit only then you must have a 64 bit OS. It's true the older but still good 32 bit plugins won't run on a 64 bit system if they haven't been rewritten for 64 bit.

Don't confuse 32 bit software with a 32 bit OS. Pretty much all 32 bit software will run on a 64 bit system. Also don't confuse music DAW software with music plugins. Plugins are not standalone software, they have to run in a host. 64 bit plugs won't run in a 32 bit host without bridging software. JBridge costs 10-20 bucks depending on sales and it allows 64 bit plugs to run perfectly inside Biab or RB which are 32 bit programs. Biab and RB run perfectly in my 64 bit Win 10 system.

Bob

Biab/RB latest build, Win 11 Pro, Ryzen 5 5600 G, 512 Gig SSD, 16 Gigs Ram, Steinberg UR22 MkII, Roland Sonic Cell, Kurzweil PC3, Hammond SK1, Korg PA3XPro, Garritan JABB, Hypercanvas, Sampletank 3, more.