I am a BIAB newbie, but stumbled across another way to add a solo for just specific sections of my song. The method mentioned above by Noel is probably the 'correct' (and possibly easier) way, but my method worked pretty well for me, and more importantly I accidentally stumbled on ways to be a lot more creative with how I could put songs together.

Basically it's the F5 key. Put the cursor at a particular bar and hit F5, and you'll get an 'Edit Settings for Current Bar XX' window with a ton of settings. Mute certain tracks, turn tracks back on, have certain tracks start to fade in or out, change patches, even change harmony! It looks really powerful if somewhat complicated.

I had created a rough song (it's up on soundcloud if you're interested, see below) that had Bass, Piano, Drums, Guitar and Pedal Steel. I then added Guitar 2 and Guitar 3, and selected two solo guitar RealTrack styles that I liked.

Measure 1: hit F5 and mute Guitar 2 and Guitar 3.
Bar 25, F5, mute the Pedal Steel and unmute Guitar 2 for a tasty solo, mute again at bar 30 or whatever and umute Pedal.
Ditto process for the final solo.

This gave me a lot of control over what was on/off during the solo.

Once I had an arrangement and solos I liked, I dumped everything into a DAW for some tweaking (still needs to be mixed properly, guitar parts are slightly loud...) but I'm pretty happy with the initial result so far.

https://soundcloud.com/scott-urista/until-we-meet-again

EDIT: er, on preview...what Matt said....

Last edited by DragonAsh; 03/14/17 11:37 AM.

-------------------------
PC: Win10 Pro 64
32GB RAM + Two 250GB SSD + Two 4TB Externals
Software: BIAB 2017 / Reaper / Sonar / EZDrummer 2 /
EastWest Composer Cloud / Amplitube 4
Guitar: Gibson SG T Heritage Cherry