Ok Kent at tech support confirmed that the above situation is not the case. Superpak came with real tracks 1-12 and the rock #1 real pack set comes with 4, 5, 6, 10, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 30, 31, 32 (so the only overlap I would have had from purchasing superpak 2008 and rock #1 real pack would be 4-6 & 10). Also, I can SEE there are folders in the e:\bb\realtracks folder with names which I cannot access from the Real Tracks picker window. (the StoneZ one referenced above being one of them).

in BIAB 2008 there is no option to show real tracks that aren't available for a particular tempo. so I changed the tempo to several different settings and still could not get any of the other real tracks to show up.

I reset BIAB to factory settings which changed the default location of real tracks back to c:\bb\realtracks. opened the real tracks picker and of course there was nothing there to choose from since I don't have any real tracks in that location. I then changed the location back to e:\ and it still doesn't see those particular tracks.

so then I copied all of the realtracks and real drums over to the default location c:\bb\ and then reset to factory settings again. still no go. it still is not picking up all of the real tracks 1-39. It does show them in the "what add-ons do I have", but they're not available for me to select.

I'm still working with Kent at customer service but I thought I'd report this to anyone else who might run across this same situation.