Originally Posted By: DragonAsh
Just as another data point: I have tried to use RB to see what the fuss is about. It opens (eventually) but opening up a song created in BIAB crashes the program. I have a pretty beefy machine, so not quite sure what's going on, but it's why I've stuck with BIAB for now.

FWIW last night (and the previous few Wednesdays) we've been testing RB as recording software. We are only doing about 2 hour sessions, but they are writing sessions and we are recording a lot.
We'll record 8 tracks at a time for 10-15 minutes a pop, save it and start another.
At the end of the night we listen back and listen and decide which we want to keep/pursue.

This is on a machine not quite as powerful as yours.
RB 'should' run on it. If you want to pursue the issue I'll try to help.
Below are a few things to check before trying to open a BiaB file.
First, of course is make sure you have the latest update. Post your version here if possible.
Also make sure RB is Activated so you eliminate any licensing issues. This can be found in the Help-Utilities menu (check before trying to open a BiaB file).

1. Is RB pointed to the correct location for the Realtracks and Realdrums (and basic styles)?
To check this click the 'Prefs' button and check the 'Song Generation' tab. Even if you think they are correct it may be worth using the Browse button and locating the folder and re-saving it to be sure. Note that this can be different than the root folder mentioned below)

2. Are BB and Realband installed in the root folder?
By that I mean it should be installed to C:\bb and C:\Realband .. if it is in a different location consider changing this. RB relies on being able to find some files in the BB folder so this can be important.

3. If you experience crashes as you describe; before launching Realband, launch Task Manager and look on the procceses tab for either FP32 or bbw or bbw2 running (before you launch RB and knowing BiaB is closed).
If they exist 'End Task'. If RB crashed previously one of these services may have been left running, which may make subsequent sessions have problems.

After doing the above, right click your Realband shortcut and select 'Run as Administrator'. You'll likely get a security pop-up when you launch it that you can click OK to.
If this fixes the problem there are ways to make that one popup go away.

Make your sound your own!
.. I do not work here, but the benefits are still awesome