Thanks Rick. I'd found that one before. I have the T-1515. Only difference is mine has stereo pre-amp out jack. It doesn't record in stereo, but if you have stereo tapes you can output to another amp. It mentions them being used in schools and that's where I remember it from. First grade we'd take turns reading "Alice and Jerry" books into one.

II like is how it's a comlete unit. Most R2R's are decks. The small cassette players have lousy sound. They used to put mic jacks, or built-in mics in boom boxes and those would work for my purpose. But you never see them anymore and I guess they don't put cassette units in new ones either.

I wish they'd make a similar stand-alone digital recorder, or even cassette (but that's even more doubtful). Something where you plug in a mic, record, then listen back with a decent buid-in amp and speaker, or maybe two - one on each side.

Most of the time we're trying to get the best recording we can and that's cool, but much more comlicated. I like the Wollensak to record everything I practice. Then I listen back, rewind the tape and use it again.

Like the man said, "ain't that a kick in the head!"