Just when I thought I was out—they pull me back in!

So, I've had my travails in getting my KeyStation 88 to work with my Win10/SoundBlaster Z set up, but I finally have it where the sound works, works pretty consistently and at a reasonable volume.

It also doesn't lag...much...at first! (Read in William Shatner's voice for best effect.) But...slowly...the lag appears...begins to embiggen...and pretty soon, I'm wondering if I've gone mad, or if I've gone sane in a mad world. (It IS actually, kind of funny, as I play slower and slower because the notes are coming out slower.)

Actually, I think now (I've been mulling this for a few days) it's always a little laggy. I had a better pianist than I come in try it and she noticed immediately. It seems better or worse from moment to moment but I can't nail it down.

So...how to troubleshoot this? These are my MIDI settings:

• My MIDI Input Driver is "Keystation 88". That's the only thing I've found that works.
  • My MIDI Output Driver is Microsoft GS Wavetable Synth or Microsoft MIDI Mapper.
  • My Synthesizer/Sound card is Coyote WaveTable DXI. (I can use any of the others apparently; I haven't figured out the significance of this. Though it doesn't seem to matter vis a vis the lag.)
  • I've checked Use VSTi/DXi synth.
  • I've checked Route MIDI thru to MIDI driver.
  • My GM2 Support is General MIDI 2 (GM2) support.
  • Audio Settings are ASIO always.

1) If I exit BiaB and come back, the lag reduces, but never actually goes away AFAICT.
2) I'm using ASIO4All.
3) I can use the SBZ driver, too, but that doesn't seem matter much.
4) I set the quality settings to "Fast"
5) If I click the "Get from soundcard" button at any time, BiaB crashes.

I am open to any solution to removing lag. Hardware/software/whatever.