Trev (T2T) -

When you install BIAB, you have the option of running it either from the external USB drive you received from PGMusic, or from your local hard drive. If you opt for the external drive, you still have to run the minimal install to ensure you get fonts and DX/DXi/VST/VSTi effects installed.

Pretty much everything in BIAB has to stay in the same place except for two things: RealTracks and RealDrums (the folder is named Drums). Both of those folders can be moved to a different drive location (or specified during installation), but you have to tell BIAB (and RealBand) where you installed/moved it to.

You didn't say if your 2TB tower was network attached storage or directly connected storage. It shouldn't really matter, but you should get better performance with directly connected storage, since it's on the computer bus.

But everything except RealTracks and RealDrums needs to be in the same place as received.

The only other flexibility you have with BIAB is for Style files. Style files can either be located in the main BIAB folder (e.g. C:\BB), or in a subfolder under BB called Styles. That doesn't help with disk storage, however, but does allow a little better management of styles. For example, I keep all the styles provided by PGMusic in the main BIAB folder, and then store user-created and downloaded web-styles in the Styles folder.

Hope that helped.

John

Laptop-HP Omen I7 Win11Pro 32GB 2x2TB, 1x4TB SSD
Desktop-ASUS-I7 Win10Pro 32GB 2x1.5TB, 2x2TB, 1x4TB SATA

BB2024/UMC404HD/Casios/Cakewalk/Reaper/Studio One/MixBus/Notion/Finale/Dorico/Noteworthy/NI/Halion/IK

http://www.sus4chord.com