Originally Posted By: Pipeline
I would rather watch a movie than read a book, you do an "RTFM" as a last resort, most people these days would rather watch a video.

Right and this is why society has turned into a bunch of 30 second, no scratch that, 15 second soundbite idiots with the attention span of a 2 year old.

Doctors don't become doctors by watching videos. Engineers don't become engineers by watching videos. I didn't become a tax expert by watching stupid videos. It takes study, good writing skills and experience. EXPERIENCE.

Experience, what a concept.

This is a music program. Anybody here think music is SIMPLE? Is it EASY? Hell no. Music is one of the most complex things there is. Software that can approach pro level quality is by it's very nature extremely complex. There are college degrees in music production. Those courses are all about working with software because that's what every studio in the world uses. Software, software and more software. You want complex, try Pro Tools, Cubase, Sonar. Biab by contrast is quite simple compared to those.

Pipeline you seem to be an expert with a whole range of high end music software. Just how long have you been doing this? How long did it take you to be come this proficient? What is your background that allowed you to become so proficient with both computers and all this music software?

It ain't easy and watching some video tutorials is a decent start to get you going but they won't make you an expert. Reading 619 pages of the manual is what's needed for that. And lots of experience. Did I say that word again? Why, yes I did. Experience.

Forget the GUI and start making some music. When you're stuck post it here and somebody will show you how it's done. .

In the time it's taken for some of you guys but especially the OP, to write this huge gripefest about the GUI you could have created 10 songs and posted questions asking how to make them better.

Bob

Biab/RB latest build, Win 11 Pro, Ryzen 5 5600 G, 512 Gig SSD, 16 Gigs Ram, Steinberg UR22 MkII, Roland Sonic Cell, Kurzweil PC3, Hammond SK1, Korg PA3XPro, Garritan JABB, Hypercanvas, Sampletank 3, more.