Re: videos. If I ask a colleague to help me with software, the most effective way is to watch him do it while he explains what he's doing. That's all a video is. Some prefer that method of learning, not because they have short attention spans but because it's very effective. The get off my lawn comments about the kids these days are irrelevant.

I've read TFM. It doesn't help much. I am putting in the time and don't expect instant gratification. But I've put in enough time to form an opinion about the UI from a beginner's perspective--yes, I'm entitled to an opinion on the UI. Eventually I am learning to do things on my own. But just because I can eventually figure stuff out doesn't mean the UI couldn't be much much better. My complaints are not about doing one specific thing or another. The problem is it takes much longer to figure out than it should and I have to rely on trial and error.

Nobody is saying a complicated program has to be easy at first glance. Examples I gave are those that paid attention to its design for functionality's sake, not because they look pretty.

The gripes about the software have nothing to do with music or music education or anything like that. Learning music theory and learning to use this software have nothing to do with each other. The opinions are all about the functionality of the user interface. A UI is ~supposed~ to help the user, but in my opinion the UI does a terrible job of it. Note I'm not criticizing the capabilities of BIAB at all, just the UI.

Y'all don't have to agree with me. If you like the UI and think it makes sense, that's super. These are my opinions on the UI and the UI only, not the capabilities or complexity of the software.