FJ you are single handedly dragging the showcase into this decade! I feel many times comments about "this sounds current" have me wondering what people think "current" is. This song, IMO, could be deemed "current."

The progression and groove are obviously of someone who has been listening to what's going on wink

A big thing for me too is the structure you are using. Again, it fits right in with what is on the radio.

The lyrics having a good number of syllables and also syncopation where needed.

The BIGGEST ingredient it has, I feel, is the relatability factor. From lyric content, to structure, groove, arrangement, production...it sounds like something current! It relates to other songs on the charts!

I get this sound isn't for everyone; but not everyone could get this sound either. You did!

It's easy to lump similar things together and say "they are all the same." When it comes to music, it surprises me when people say that. Typically the music they listen to usually suffers from the same aspects they feel others are exclusive to wink This song, to me, is an example from someone that can write whatever you put your mind to.

Anyway, I think the writing you have been doing is important to the forum if we have any hopes of bringing in new people. Great job on a great song my friend!

Now for another listen...

Chad (Hope that makes it easier)

TEMPO TANTRUM: What a lead singer has when they can't stay in time.