Originally Posted By: HearToLearn
Quote:
Caaron, Lately I have been using CLA Drums from waves along with EQ from Logic Pro x. The loops simply mean that there is no royalty to be paid when using them to create your own composition. Thanks for the very nice words. Tom

Ha! What a difference ONE word can make! I meant to ask what are the royalty free loops you are using? LOL Big difference. But thank you for being kind enough to answer my question anyway smile

So, what loops are you using, and if you don't mind me asking, where from?

Thanks a million!
In this song there are 228 separate loops cut, spliced and sewn back together again. There are portions of 5 real tracks and my acoustic and electric guitars and 3 tracks of vocals. There are 44 separate plug-ins for processing. The loops are Multitrack Drums, Bass, Banjo and Guitar. They are from various sources, the majority are from Big Fish Audio. I have loops from Logic Pro X, Garageband, Drums on Demand, Loopmasters, Uberschall, Dieguis, EZ Keys, Apple Loops, and so many more that I’m not sure where they came from. ( Thousands ) If something doesn’t work I search around through my library and start plugging them in. Biab works great with these and can really add something special. You have to find a style that matches up closely and write an accurate SGU, then you have an added flexibility to add different sections without any loops at all in them. Bridges, etc. Another tricky thing is to get the sounds to match up EQ wise. If you are using Drums from Biab in a section it needs to sound close to what the loop sounds like. Same with bass and other instruments. It’s just another way to do things. I build the track first and then write to that. I think they call it top line writing. I hope this comes a little closer to answering your question. Tom

Last edited by tommyad; 05/13/17 02:32 AM.