Originally Posted By: Janice & Bud
That's a great write y'all!

"My future’s in my past
A fight without an end in sight"

Gotta love that...a song of ours expresses a similar sentiment in a couple of lines... It's interesting how you expressed it in a stone country song and we used a blues rock tune. That's what we like about music. If it has soul and is heartfelt the genre is NOT the most important part - OK pardon the ramble.

The first verse is so strong. Just like you read about songwriting. Grab 'em from the get-go. Love the clock and calendar lines.

Without parsing further we'll simply say this is a wonderful arrangement, melody and lyric and irrespective of your comments about your vocal it is delivered in a manner that makes the song simply sound genuine.

As a friend once said about a great country tune...it's stronger than a garlic milkshake!"

Kudos!

J&B

Thank you so very much. We are, indeed, humbled by your comments. That first verse was literally a last minute revision of the lyric. Your comments are so encouraging and mean a lot to us. This is the music I grew up with and still hold it near dear to my heart. Again, many thanks!

Alan & Di

BIAB 2024 Ultra Plus-all StylePaks*Win11*16GB DDR5*Rhyzen 9745x*AT 2035 Mic*Peavey Nashville 112 Amp*Ibanez ART120* Acoustic/Electric/Washburn D200S Acoustic*Stromberg Monterey Jazz Guitar

Loops: https://aldavidmusic.wixsite.com/bestmusicloops