Originally Posted By: Noel96
Trygve, I'd like to be able to repeat your process exactly as you do it so that I can test it out. To do this, though, I need step by step instructions, one step at a time, as to what you do. I need to know what style you tried and I also need to know exactly which buttons you press.

For example..

1. Enter style picker.

2. Select _CDRIVI2.STY.

3. Click on the button called....

etc.

As I said, I'd like to be able to repeat what you did exactly. Unfortunately, the information you have provided does not let me do that.Noel

There it was ! Must have been approved after I was posting my latest one... Ok, I open BB,
1. Click melody
2. click Generate Soundtrack
3. Click load soundtrack Song
4 Whatever song I chose from there stops at bar 8
5. I open the same songs from the Soundtrack Midi Fakebook folder by the file menu, open, and they do not stop at bar 8...
6. I tried right now a couple of other BB song, and so far no one stopped...

Did you generate the song before you tried this? Nothing will be saved if the song is not generated. I have build 464 with the Audiophile version and it worked fine for me.

If you want to load build 464, go to the link below and download the file. Then exit BIAB and doubleclick on the update to run it. Just check that the installation paths are correct.

http://www.pgmusic.com/support_windowsupdates.htm

Yes I do generate the song first, not only press play. I tried it again right now, after a fresh new installation, even clicked back to factory setting to be sure, generated a song and nothing happen when I drag a real track with green line under to the midi dropbox... I tried to save it as midi again, it saved, but only the melody that is not real track and midi drums could be heard...

Quote:
3. No, I had not.. It was one of the soundtrack songs I was flicking around with to try learn more about generating solos... I heard the solo, so I wanted to hear it alone. Then to my surprise I found it on the bass track, the original one....

If the solo was a Realtrack, it could be located on the Bass track. The tracks are simply place-holders for Realtracks. All BIAB tracks are equal in this regard.

No, it was not a real track, it was a solo generated by BB

Quote:
4. Bad wording from me... What I mean is trying out different real track.. It happens especially when I mute som of the real track... But today, right before I write this, it happens right away when I loaded and started play a song with real track.. I had this problem also before on my laptop, so I thought it had something to do with lack of ram to process all the data, but my new desktop has 16 gb ram, and a i5 6400 CPU 2.70 GHz so can't be that I guess?

Did you generate the song? It's not enough just to press Play. I've noticed that in 463 and 464, BIAB does not automatically generate a new Realtrack when you change one like it used to do in BIAB 2016. I reported this to the Support team a little while ago.

Yes, I did generating the song. I always have to do...

Quote:
5. I go to the track action menu and click erase track.. In 2016 this gave a question; Do u want to erase the real track, then after confirming, a new question came up; Do u want to erase the Midi track, and after confirming it, it was gone.. Is this not possible in 2017 ?

Again, did you regenerate the song after erasing it? It might be the pressing Play is not enough.

Let us know if this helps.

Noel

Yes, I do regenerate the song first, and the track is stil there playing as if it was not erased....

Again Noel, thank u so much for trying to help me out with this problems...

I have no idea why I have this problem at all.. But ok, later today I will try to install 2017 on my old laptop that I reformatted last week and see if the same problem happens also there. IF it does, then it most be BiaB that have som corrupted files on it or what ever... Will try also to download 464 and install and see if anything work after that... IF not, I want a new one from PG music ! Do I have the right to that?

Forever Grateful, BUT, sometimes pissed of. wink
Trygve "Leo" Larsen
BiaB 2020, Windows 8.1, Intel Core i5 CPU, 270GHz, 32 Gb RAM
My OLD tracks on Soundcloud; https://soundcloud.com/trygve-larsen My NEW is unpublished
The Universe = Uni-verse ie one song.