Originally Posted By: Greg Johnson
Originally Posted By: floyd jane
Alan,

That was like stepping back into 1974! A classic Country sound that captures that era perfectly. Has an "early Kristofferson sound/feel" (Ray Price, too).

Good mix. Well sung. Enjoyed it.

floyd

I'm not as well versed in country as FJ but I can hear some "Sunday Morning Coming Down" or "For the Good Times" vibe in this. I really love the simple, authentic lyrics and pretty melody. Excellent stuff!! Take care. Greg

Hello Greg,

Thank you so much for that very kind reply to our song. "For The Good Times" is exactly what Shell and I had in mind as the project progressed. "For The Good Times" and "I Won't Mention It Again", both KK writes, had gone to the top of the Country charts not long before this song was written. Shell and I both really liked the songs, so it ended up going in that direction.

Shell had written almost all the lyric a year or so before and wasn't sure where to go with the music. He originally had it as a 3/4 waltz. i thought it flowed better as a 4/4 ballad. This is where it ended up.

Thanks again. Wishing you the best,

Alan & Di - Shell, too

BIAB 2024 Ultra Plus-all StylePaks*Win11*16GB DDR5*Rhyzen 9745x*AT 2035 Mic*Peavey Nashville 112 Amp*Ibanez ART120* Acoustic/Electric/Washburn D200S Acoustic*Stromberg Monterey Jazz Guitar

Loops: https://aldavidmusic.wixsite.com/bestmusicloops