Originally Posted By: Noel96
Chris,

You seem to have numerous happenings.

1. When you installed your update of BIAB, I take it that you didn't install into your already existing \bb folder. Given my experience, if you had, then all the styles you had previously would have been retained.

2. In relation to styles you like, from the sounds of things, you've taken the long way around to get those that you like. An alternative approach is to save them as 'Favorites' and then filter them so that only the 'Favorites' show up. To do this...

• Right click on the style and select "Set to favorite" (#1)
  • Click on the "Other" filter (#2).
  • Select "Show Favorites" (#3).

I've summarised the above on the image below.

3. Grey tracks mean that they have nothing on them. If you have removed the Realtracks from them and you're left with grey, it indicates that there wasn't an underlying midi style.

• In earlier days, BIAB styles with Realtracks were superimposed on pre-existing midi styles.
  • In recent days, this approach has been modified and Realtracks no longer need to be loaded on top of a midi style.

If you want to see tracks with only midi styles, do the following...

• Open up "Options | Preferences | Realtracks" and disable the auto-substitution of midi tracks for Realtracks. This is shown on the image below.

• Now if you load a style that is a midi style it won't be automatically changed to Realtracks.

4. Because you like midi, it will also be worth your while investigating the MIDI Supertracks.

• Styles that contain these Supertracks are found beginning with M_
  • Clear the filter so that Stylepicker shows everything.
  • Now click on "Name" at the top of the list of names in Stylepicker to sort the list alphabetically.
  • Scroll down to M_

If you want Stylepicker to only show those styles that you have Realtracks for...

• Enter Stylepicker.
  • Click on "Other" (#1 on image below).
  • Select "Show styles with Realtracks/Realdrums that are found/not found" (#2).
  • Select "Show styles with Realtracks that are found" (#3).

I hope this helps!

Regards,
Noel

Thanks Noel!
This helps my understanding of how things are now, compared to how they use to be..

I had bb installed on another computer that had an insane appetite for hard drives, I went through five hard drives on one computer, crazy.. So all my original biab stuff is sitting on a dead hard drive, now I have my music super computer built, it has an ssd m.2, no more ancient spinning hard drives for me, I have lost too much stuff..

Last edited by funny; 05/31/17 08:56 AM.