Originally Posted By: floyd jane
Dave & Chris...

Awesome rock song. A good rock write.

Good Rock vocal!

Cool retro sound to everything. Those drums really WORK! Nice guitar work - all over the place. Nice solo - love the tone - how did you get that?

Floyd, for the last 18 months or so I've been using the Scuffham S-Gear amp simulator. It was actually Tom Adams that turned me onto it, he uses S-Gear too. In addition I'm feeding the output of the S-Gear into a waves plugin called CLA Unplugged, designed for acoustic instruments and vocals but I think it works great on electric guitar too. It has compression, reverb, and delay FX.

Excellent mix - everything right where it needed to be.

I've learned a lot about mixing from hanging out here for the last couple of years, and much of it I learned from constructive criticism I received from you! So, thanks for that smile

Everything about this shouts "Cream!"
floyd

Like many guys my age, i.e. old as dirt, I first got really into music after hearing the Beatles on the Sullivan show. But the first time I heard Cream! Man, it blew me away. Track was "White Room", just something so different and powerful about the sound. Not to mention Eric on guitar!

Thanks Floyd, Chris and I always appreciate your comments! smile