Actually, my family is from Oslo, and they speak very sing-song. Maybe it's in the nuance. Now my aunt's husband is from Haugesund, so there is a west coast influence there, but my mom speaks very sing-song (for a lack of a better word to describe it).

I have forgotten much of the language (a result of non-use), but I actually learned to speak Norwegian before learning to speak English. When I was very young, my military dad was stationed in Germany, but spent much of his time at the East German border; so my mom, sister, and I spent most of our time at my grandmother's house in Norway.

Up through high school, I was fairly fluent and could pass for Norwegian; I've just forgotten so many words now, but would do okay in restaurants and at attractions. And I can still mostly understand what I read.

We spent many a summer in Norway and we lived there for a year when my dad was in Viet Nam ('68-'69).

John

Laptop-HP Omen I7 Win11Pro 32GB 2x2TB, 1x4TB SSD
Desktop-ASUS-I7 Win10Pro 32GB 2x1.5TB, 2x2TB, 1x4TB SATA

BB2024/UMC404HD/Casios/Cakewalk/Reaper/Studio One/MixBus/Notion/Finale/Dorico/Noteworthy/NI/Halion/IK

http://www.sus4chord.com