My REAL:BAND 2017 build 7 Midi Nightmare HELP

Well I decided to extend one of my BIAB MGU Songs with some extra tracks as I had used up the melody and soloist track.
I thought I would use Real Band to copy the melody track a couple of times and re voice and edit notes as required done this many times in Sona no probs.

So first mistake I saved the BIAB file as a midi I thought well that’s what I will be working on, and may want to take it to another daw at some time so lets get into midi.

Although this worked fine when opened in Real band I soon learnt that it would have been better to open the original MGU this would then automatically make a SEQ file.
As saving a midi file as a midi file, in RealBand did not save things like track names patch names and ch Numbers and mixer changes, where as a SEQ file did, on my extra tracks .
Found a post from John that helped with this, and his advice was to work as SEQ then save as seq and midi.

However it still did not save the CH number until I found this tip in QA section
“21. When I save my files, the MIDI patch/channel information in the tracks window is not saved properly.
In the Options | Preferences | Files dialog, look for the setting "Don't save forced Ch META event in .MID files". When checked (enabled), this setting overrides the forced MIDI channel settings in the Tracks Window, and the forced channels won't be recalled the next time the file is loaded. This prevents RealBand from saving the forced MIDI channels in the Tracks Window into .MID files. This META event is only recognized by PG Music programs.
If you want the forced channels to be recalled when you open the file with RealBand, disable this setting. If you are saving to a MIDI file and the patch info isn't saving properly, enable this setting, and use the Edit | Rechannel All Tracks command to convert the actual MIDI data in the tracks to the forced channel so that a forced channel isn't needed.”

Hmm one more step on the road
I might add here that if you say copy the melody track to another midi track it inherits the channel number of the melody or parent track that it was copied from so you must change this to an unused CH No on the new track.

I found the Classic track view most helpful to see exactly what was going on in a track at a glance

Still at least it saves the CH No now,
But it still wont save more importantly, CHANGES I MAKE IN THE MIXER to my new tracks or any other tracks if I save as midi only gets saved in SEQ save.
Any thoughts on this one would be appreciated.
Mike

Last edited by Mike Head; 06/22/17 04:29 AM.

BIAB2021 UltraPlus,AsusN55S1Tbssd, W10/64,Akai EIEpro
Yamaha CVP405,SquireStrat, CoolsoftVMidSynth
Novatation Impulse61 Ctr kbd, Cwalk blab Kontakt

http://mikesmusic.byethost16.com/