Originally Posted By: psychotic one
Sorry if this has been asked 1001 times...

Is it possible to take an existing song (heard on the radio) and duplicate it in Band in a Box?

As videoTrack pointed out no you can not.

What about taking a song file from Guitar Pro and having it sound like more realistic than midi output?

You can get more realistic sounds with MIDI. It takes a good MIDI sound source and a little knowledge to achieve this. If you have a DAW you can take any MIDI song and change the sounds to something different and/or a lot better than the General MIDI sounds that comes with BiaB and probably Guitar Pro. FYI-DAWs can be free to very expensive and in fact the PC version of Biab come with a DAW called RealBand.

I want to make my own backing tracks for personal use.

There are a couple of ways of doing this.

1-BiaB is an excellent product for producing backing tracks and many here perform using these tracks. However they will not be identical to the original songs.

2-Get a MIDI file of the song your want, put it into a DAW then delete the lead line. Note that some MIDI files do not have the lead line included. As noted you can change or improve MIDI sounds.

3-Combine #1 and #2 in BiaB and RealBand.

I would suggest you go to the User Showcase and listen to the songs that are being produced by BiaB. We can not post copyrighted songs there but the original songs posted are excellent.

You might want to try BiaB. It comes with a 30 day money back guarantee. AFAIK no one has posted that they wanted their money back.

I hope this helps.

I just posted a selfie and all of the responses were get well soon!

64 bit Win 10 Pro, the latest BiaB/RB, Roland Octa-Capture audio interface, a ton of software/hardware