https://soundcloud.com/lawrence-olivier/danial-rolls

RealTracks in song: ~683:Bass, Electric, PopHalfNotesPush Ev 120
RealTracks in song: ~685:Harmonica, Background Pop Ev 120
RealTracks in style: 2430:Guitar, Electric, Rhythm NewOrleansMardiGras Ev16 085
RealTracks in song: 408:Guitar, Resonator, Background Allis Ev 120
RealTracks in song: 2678:Guitar, Acoustic, Rhythm BluesSw16GrooveBrent Sw16 085
RealTracks in song: ~669:Guitar, Slide, Background EasySouthern Ev 120
RealDrums in style: NewOrleansMardiGras16ths^01-a: Snare Groove , b: 4 and Hat

It’s fitting that Daniel’s favorite song was “Desperado” by the Eagles. I sat down next to him one evening at a bar in New Braunfels Texas. It was late in the winter of 2007. He pulled out his pouch of tobacco and rolled two cigarettes. We had a drink and a smoke and he began to tell me that he had is eye on a new bicycle that he wanted to buy with the money he had saved from working odd jobs. Daniel had spent a most of that winter in New Braunfels. No one knew him but everyone was fascinated with this drifter. I knew by the way he talked about the new bicycle that he was getting ready to set out so I started asking him questions. How many miles do you travel in a day? How many flats do you fix? How do you eat? Anything I could think of. Within a week he was gone. I wrote this song about him and soon after recorded a rough version of it.

He returned the next year. And all of my friends told him about the song and told me I should give him a CD of it. I laughed and asked, “yes, but what is he going to play it on?” He was very excited about the song and was adamant that he should have royalties. I don’t know if he ever heard the song. After 2008, he never returned. Every line in the song is true.

As far as this recording, I went through many different styles in BIAB to try and capture the feel that I wanted. When I heard the 2678 acoustic guitar, I knew that was the one. It took a little more time to put together the rest of the tracks but I’m pleased with the results.

Last edited by gruverider; 06/25/17 03:39 PM.