Originally Posted By: MarioD
This goes back to what I have been asking for in the wish list for the last few years. That is open up all 16 channels for MIDI and Audio. Problem solved with no work-around.

This is an excellent work-around but it might be easier with all channels open. YMMV.

I'm not proficient with midi nor can I play Piano/keyboard. But, I once owned a Yamaha PSR-950 workstation. It had a composer section that resembled a 16 track recorder. I used that recorder to build tracks one finger or chord at a time. Sometimes the completed work actually sounded as if a competent musician had played everything at once.

Is that what you are referencing saying to open all 16 channels for midi and audio in BIAB? I'm not clearly understanding how a similar workflow would progress in BIAB.

I know two variations of old school mixing that easily free tracks in BIAB that can sum to a total of 16 tracks for recording additional audio or midi but I'm not clearly understanding the channel assignments. Could you explain a bit the benefit of having the 16 channels if BIAB had 16 tracks and how you would build a song? My work around may be something you could use.

Charlie

BIAB Ultra Pak+ 2024:RB 2024, Latest builds: Dell Optiplex 7040 Desktop; Windows-10-64 bit, Intel Core i7-6700 3.4GHz CPU and 16 GB Ram Memory.