Quote:
I want to import a midi song and have he chords detected, tempo set and key signature discovered.

When you say "song", do you mean just the melody line? Because that's very different from a full blown MIDI arrangement (which will have all the other notes needed to develop a chord progression. BIAB and RealBand won't do much for you in terms of creating a chord progression based on just the melody line.

However, if you are just using existing chord progressions (from an existing fully arranged MIDI file, or entering chords from a songbook) and creating your own unique melody over that chord progression, then BIAB and RealBand both have a plugin to take an audio track (your hummed vocal) and convert it to MIDI. It's not perfect, and it helps if you are singing in tune (you could also run it through a pitch correction plugin first - MAutoPitch from MeldaProductions is free; GSNAP from GVST is also free).

But to be clear, if you are looking for BIAB to take a hummed in melody line and automatically find a tempo, set a key signature, a time signature, a chord progression, and a drum track, then I think you are going to have a hard time of it.

However, if you know the chord progression, then just enter it, let either RealBand or BIAB generate some accompaniment (doesn't really matter what), then hum in your melody along with it, convert it to MIDI (using either the provided tools or paid for tools such as Melodyne), then export that melody track only to a MIDI file, then bring it into Ableton for further processing. You'll have to probably enter the chord progression into Ableton manually, as chords aren't part of the MIDI standard and each program implements support for them differently (there are some workarounds, and I think Pipeline has provided some in the past).

Or am I missing the intent here?

John

Laptop-HP Omen I7 Win11Pro 32GB 2x2TB, 1x4TB SSD
Desktop-ASUS-I7 Win10Pro 32GB 2x1.5TB, 2x2TB, 1x4TB SATA

BB2024/UMC404HD/Casios/Cakewalk/Reaper/Studio One/MixBus/Notion/Finale/Dorico/Noteworthy/NI/Halion/IK

http://www.sus4chord.com