Remembering Tokyo

I wrote this last year for a local film company who was doing a short film, about one hour, about a young Japanese couple in San Francisco who were getting married. They did not know each other in Japan - met in the US after they'd emigrated, separately, from Japan. The hangup was he came from a family of strict cultural tradition and she was from a family who'd loved all over the world. Big problems organizing the ceremony!

So, the production company wanted me to write a song with Japanese roots, to reflect his attitude, but flavored with western and other world cultures to reflect hers. So, I have a Japanese bed with touches of Africa, India and and, to a much lesser degree, Spain (the marimbas). They were happy and so was I when I deposited the check! I did it as a Work For Hire but they annotated, in the credits, I was the original composer.

Everything is midi except the drums, which are barely noticeable (by design). I swapped out some instruments from the original style and reworked the chord pattern.

File:Al - Remebering Tokyo.MGU
Lotus2 style demo
Key=Am , Tempo 92, Length (m:s)=2:57
Style MIDI Instruments are :
Fretless Elec. Bass (36)
Sitar (105)
Marimba (13)
Synth Strings 1 (51)
RealDrums Rumba^3-a:Brushes , b:Sidestick, Ride

'b' substyle patches:
41 Brushes Kit
36 Fretless Elec. Bass
105 Sitar
53 Choir Aahs
13 Marimba,

BIAB 2024 Ultra Plus-all StylePaks*Win11*16GB DDR5*Rhyzen 9745x*AT 2035 Mic*Peavey Nashville 112 Amp*Ibanez ART120* Acoustic/Electric/Washburn D200S Acoustic*Stromberg Monterey Jazz Guitar

Loops: https://aldavidmusic.wixsite.com/bestmusicloops