EDIT

SORRY again, just re-read it's obvious you are only USING 5-pin MIDI so ignore my ignorant remarks below about USB
but then the opposite is true make sure that the unit internally is set to MIDI I/O and NOT USB I/O. Also make sure you UNCHECK the "Use VSTi/DXi Synth" in the "options -> MIDI/Audio drivers" window

do you have any other external MIDI gear that you KNOW WORKS with your Edirol UA-25EX?

EDIT

You have no issue with any other PC MIDI programs that can send MIDI notes (aka song data) to the XS rack unit correct?

While not the RACK version I had a Motif XS 7 for years (before trading it "up" for the Montage 7 last year) and unlike Matt I had no issues using it with BIAB or any MIDI capable program. FWIW I cannot believe that the basic 5-PIN MIDI or USB MIDI I/O internal circuit, on board chips, or logic flow and related circuits would be any different between XS keyboards and XS racks units (why would Yamaha re-design but that's just opinion and immaterial)

BTW- SORRY MATT I missed you having issues with the rack and I would haev jumped in

However, in my case, I was generally NOT using the USB connection (expect for patch editing, etc.) I use 5-pin MIDI on all my gear since all my gear is interconnected and RUN (at least for sound generation purposes - not editing purposes) via multiple MIDI patch bays then to my PC over my 4x4 MIDI USB interface.

However even using USB, assuming you are using the current Yamaha MIDI driver (not the WINDOWS default driver) should NOT be an issue, as long as you use the RIGHT port for MIDI I/O? It should be the "Yamaha" PORT 1 (probably called "Motif-1" if I remember correctly unfortunately mine now says "MONTAGE-1" when in use. [Port 2 is is used to control of DAW - which for the rack unit would be N/A and PORT 3 is thru port - what comes there over USB goes out the 5-pin MIDI out connection

If you ARE using USB and not 5-pin MIDI you did remember to set the XS Rack to USB I/O and not MIDI I/O?

Hope you get it going - the GM set alone is worth the effort.

Larry

Last edited by Larry Kehl; 07/16/17 04:05 PM.

Win10Pro,i9,64GB,2TBSSD+20TBHDDs,1080TI,BIAB'24,Scarlett18i8,Montage7,Fusion 8HD,QS8,Integra7,XV5080,QSR,SC-8850,SPLAT,FL21&others,Komp.14,IK suite&others, just a guitar player-AXE FX III &FM9T, FishmanTP, MIDIGuitar2, GK2/3'sw/GI20