This tune was conceived a few years ago around Christmas time when I saw some homeless people just trying to get through another day (yes, I helped out). So in a way it is a Christmas song, but is really a country waltz with a tinge of R&B/Gospel. It's called the Kindness of Strangers. Hope you enjoy.

From a BIAB perspective, it is my usual approach. Compose the tune then apply multiple styles and render tracks that I then take into Reaper. The piano part is midi from 2 different styles - part A (verse) is very straight from a Country Waltz style, Part B (Chorus and Bridge) is from a 6/8 praise and worship style - both midi played through Lounge Lizard VSTi. The organ is from a 3/4 Gospel style and is midi played through Kontakt where I could automate the speed of the Leslie - you can hear the slow down in the very beginning just before the vocals come in. Drums, Acoustic Guitar, and Pedal Steel are all Real Tracks from a slow country waltz style. I played bass and my amazing wife (Patty) sang all the vocal parts. We both wrote lyrics. BTW - we love BIAB!! What a great tool.

https://soundcloud.com/tsanders/kindness-of-strangers