If you save back to BIAB format from RealBand, you should always save using a different file name to avoid any loss. Also, I always recommend saving to .SEQ (the RealBand format) first. That preserves every setting made in RealBand. You can then save out to other formats, which is going to strip away certain things (for example, you won't get your other audio tracks saved in a BIAB or MIDI format), so you want to make sure you don't lose work you've done.

I've not done it much, and am not at my music machine, so I can't test it, but RealBand is only going to save certain elements from RealBand to a BIAB file. And if you save to an SGU file, you're pretty much only going to get the chord progression and the selected style. I think you can specify a track for a melody to save to .MGU, but that would have to be a MIDI track. And I don't believe you are going to get an VST/VSTi assignments from RealBand saved to the BIAB file (but I could be wrong there).

But bottom line, if you are working in RealBand, always use the .SEQ format to save, then save as something else for particular purposes to ensure you don't lose anything. Once you are finished with your project, you can decide which files to keep or delete.

John

Laptop-HP Omen I7 Win11Pro 32GB 2x2TB, 1x4TB SSD
Desktop-ASUS-I7 Win10Pro 32GB 2x1.5TB, 2x2TB, 1x4TB SATA

BB2024/UMC404HD/Casios/Cakewalk/Reaper/Studio One/MixBus/Notion/Finale/Dorico/Noteworthy/NI/Halion/IK

http://www.sus4chord.com