Hi John, Thanks for your input. No.....there is the bare minimum of editing however I did slice up a generated sax solo deleting the unwanted parts which might have some bearing however I did notice that this is happening with ALL other Real Band songs I have done. ??? but not happening in BIAB. Even on chords page it comes to end of highlighted bars and continues on until I manually stop the song.

I did find a temporary workaround by using the Play Region facility, highlighting the whole song and pressing the Play Region button.Song then runs from start to end and stops...but this only works as long as I don't click anywhere else on screen which cancels the Play Region instruction.

The song in my original question does have some midi info but that doesn't explain why it's happening in other RB songs which are purely real sounds.

Tried deleting all track info after the designated end of song to track ends but the timeline still marches on past the stop point.

It's either something silly (me probably!) or some sort of marker data has gone missing in RB?

BIAB 2022 PLUSPAK (ext HD), 49PAKs, STYLESPAKs 1 - 6, Win 7 64bit PC, REAPER, Ozone, Adobe Audition CS6, EZ Drummer3 + EZ Keys,Soundcraft MTK22, Behringer X Touch Universal Controller,, SE Gemini/Rode NT2/Neumann/Shure mics