<Edit> I just saw Noel's post as I entered mine. He is correct. However, what I've outlined below will work to some degree in you locating and using instruments not included in a style you are using but still sound good with your song.

I match up dissimilar instruments quite a bit and here is how I find instruments that play nicely within the style of my song. I search and generate new tracks that use a unique instrument from within Biab. I do not have to import the seq song or anything just to do a search. I input 8-12 bars of my chord progression into Biab chord sheet and open StylePicker. This must be done in Biab rather than RB because the 'Search over your Chord chart feature' does not exist in the RB StylePicker. 8-12 bars will generate very quickly.

Searching for instruments this way I find to be very beneficial. It allows me to search through styles in just a few minutes. Styles contain from 1-5 instruments normally, so in searching through the various styles, I am also auditioning hundreds of instruments and hearing them play over my chords. I find that many styles sound dramatically different over my chord chart from how the style's Demo sounds. I can vary the key signature, chords and tempo here as well without altering my original file.

If I find an instrument I want to use, I generate the track in Biab if I have the complete chart input on the chord sheet, which I normally do because I start my songs in Biab rather than RB. Then I export the audio and open that in RB. If I think I will need to utilize the Multi Riff feature on this instrument, I generate a second occurrence of the the instrument on another track in RB and use Multi Riff on that Real track and then use volume envelopes to mix and blend the two tracks to sound as a single track. Likewise, if you've just entered a few bars in Biab to complete a search, just notate the RealTrack number and generate the track in RB.

Hope this helps a bit,

Charlie

Last edited by Charlie Fogle; 07/30/17 08:10 AM.

BIAB Ultra Pak+ 2024:RB 2024, Latest builds: Dell Optiplex 7040 Desktop; Windows-10-64 bit, Intel Core i7-6700 3.4GHz CPU and 16 GB Ram Memory.