LOL, Dan! As we say here in the south:
"You Jes' so dang BAYud!"

On a more serious note, over the next few days I'll be posting a variety of thoughts, pics and videos... but I want to say up front that I don't want to present ANY of this as though it's about me. From my point of view, the ONLY reason for using forum space to talk about my trip is because the focal point is people we all know from the forum.

Also I think it is worthwhile talking about arranging meetings with forum friends, because it is rewarding and very easy to do! If you're travelling through a region where a forum friend lives, just PM them and ask if they want to meet for lunch! Easy as that!

As an example, prior to the 4th of July I got a message from Tommy Adams (Forum name tommyad) announcing he would be at a campground in NC, and did I want to join him and his lovely wife Benji? Of course I agreed... and the bonus was that upon arrival at Tommy's camp site, Bud and Janice Merritt were also there! With very little pre-planning we had forum friends from Fla, Ga. and NC sitting around the same campfire! You might say I was a happy camper!

No matter how well you might enjoy someone's interaction style on the forum, meeting them in person is a completely different experience. I can honestly say that everyone I've met so far has instantly seemed like a friend I've known for years.

I don't remember if anybody took a picture of this meeting.. but if Tommy, Benji, Bud or Janice has a pic to post, that would be great!

More to come....