I'm running BiaB 2017 and I've downloaded and installed the latest upgrade patch.

I tried doing a search on this topic using the keywords "placeholding," "place holding," and "place holder," but I got nothing.

I know there's gotta be a way to do this, but I just haven't figured it out yet. As I dimly recall, previous versions of BiaB did this. So what's the magic trick?

I have thousands of styles to choose from in my Stylepicker and I routinely like to browse through them after I've assembled a chord progression, in the hopes of finding one or more that I like. But I find that I spend most of my time trying to "re-find" my place in the queue of styles once I've gotten a few screens down into the listings, and it just gets more and more time consuming the deeper I go.

So it would make my work just a whole lot simpler if the cursor would just stay where I left it in the Stylepicker. The way it is now, I select a style to try out, and then go back to the Stylepicker to try another, but the cursor is all the way back to the beginning of the list, so I have to scroll and scroll and scroll down until I'm at the point where I left off. Honestly, if there's a way to keep the cursor at its last used location and to keep that location visible when I come back to it, why isn't this the default condition?

Yes, I know I can do searches, but here's the thing: often I don't know what I'm searching for. I have discovered quite a few styles that work great that I would have never thought to do a search for. So searches will turn up some styles that might fit the tunes I'm working on, but by no means all -- not by a long shot.

I've looked all over through BiaB and, given the huge quantity of menu options, it's likely I could have missed a command tucked away in some obscure location. So, care to help a frustrated BiaB user out?

Last edited by cooltouch; 08/01/17 11:00 AM.