Originally Posted By: Noel96
Paul,
This is excellent! You've done a fine job writing, arranging, performing and mixing it. Everything in the mix sat really well together.
All the best,
Noel

Hi Noel and thank you.I know we all love what we do in making music and so, when people take the time to listen to your creative efforts and comment to say how much they enjoyed the lyrics and or production then it is indeed the icing on the cake.

Originally Posted By: Deryk - PG Music
I love love LOVE the guitar work on this! Everything really came to together nicely in this tune. The mixing and arranging is seriously on point. And the general atmosphere of the song is very pleasant as well. That change up at the 3 minute mark is unbelievable!

Great job, Paul - thanks for sharing smile

Thank you very much Deryk for enjoying so many parts of the song, the feel was important to the lyrics to try and create the mood and setting I had in my mind.

Originally Posted By: David Snyder
This is great YorkshireKnight. Excellent production and singing and writing. Absolutely loved it.
Just a super awesome song. Your wife should be very proud of you!!
smile

Thanks David, I told my wife what you guys were commenting and she tells me she is proud of me although I think it was more of a 'about blooming time you finished it'! Really pleased you enjoyed it.
Originally Posted By: 44kfl
Good write! nice arrangement, love the feel strong vocals enjoyed the listen
Kenny

Thanks a lot Kenny for listening and your nice comments.

Originally Posted By: Sergio Guarneri

Very nice song, it seems to come from other times.
Great performance and excellent production.
Sergio

Grazie Sergio, Much appreciate you listening, Yep sums me up 'from another time' lol

Originally Posted By: Al-David
Howdy paul,

Great song. I'll bet your wife really liked it, too! There's a certain "feel" about this that we liked it - somewhere between the Beatles and Gordon Lightfoot. I now that's a stretch - nonetheless, that was the feel we got.
Loved it. great job on everything. Best to you,
Alan

Thank you very much guys,

Yes my wife was pleased it was eventually finished, it became a bit of a standing joke in the end but she did like it.
Indeed i am in very good company with the 'fab four' and strangley I think Gordon Lightfoot has been mentioned in comments on some of my other songs as well as a 60's feels for my music.
I have come to believe that our past must greatly influence what we write or sound like.

Another bit of a story behind the lyrics!
The feel was important to match the lyrics and Sergio mentioned from a time passed, which indeed was the image in my head.
The song mentions 'a soldier of fortune'
Mercenaries date back to the Roman times and it wasn't just for the money. Men would volunteer their fighting skills, and still do, for political and idealogical reasons. Heard of the film 'The Wild Geese'? Look up the origin of the word.

Thank you all once again for your wonderful comments.
Paul

https://soundcloud.com/yorkshireknight
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC4e8SXLwMaA00HcN0RaEqEA

BIAB/Realband Ultra plus Pak.2017(3)Intel i7,16GB Ram, 250 GB SSD,2TB HD. Mixcraft 7,Line6 ux2, axiom 49,NT1 mic