I first saw the August Blog over on Facebook this morning. I enjoyed reading it and thinking of all the uses of RealBand. It's a nice, informative article and should get new users and possibly some long time users to take a look at Realband.

The biggest surprise to me was no mention was made of the Multi Riff feature nor the total of 48 tracks to work with. Mentioning those would have given you ten reasons to use RB as your DAW.

In my song "Say I Do", I used Multi Riff on the lead guitar track 18 times for fills and the solo. That is the real life equivalent of having a studio session musician compose and audition 126 punch in's. That could never been done in the few minutes it took to complete in RB by a live session player. I also used the Multi Riff on the Saxophone track but not to the extent that I did on the lead guitar track.

Multi Riff provides a level of uniqueness to the track and removes the genericness of a single RealTrack that may be recognizable to other Real Track users. I believe Multi Riffs across multiple tracks make it nearly impossible for another user using the same style, RealTracks, chord chart, tempo and key to replicate precisely and produce the same song.

48 tracks versus 8 is at least a reason to use RealBand. Especially since it is included for free if you have the Windows version of Biab.

Charlie

Last edited by Charlie Fogle; 08/10/17 03:00 AM.

BIAB Ultra Pak+ 2024:RB 2024, Latest builds: Dell Optiplex 7040 Desktop; Windows-10-64 bit, Intel Core i7-6700 3.4GHz CPU and 16 GB Ram Memory.