Originally Posted By: Islansoul
I know people are going to tell me to just use Bootcamp, but I will not take the risk of having my Mac corrupted by computer virus.

You raise a good point here about security on a Mac so I found a few articles about it. For now, Mac's are more secure than PC's but "more secure" only means just that. They have been and currently do get successfully attacked which is why you need a good AV program just like Windows users do.

The second thing is hackers spend most of their time attacking Windows because of the small market share of Apple. I just read that Apple reached 10% of the PC market last year which is larger than I thought. Well, what does that mean? It means as market share grows so will the attacks because it makes Mac's more attractive to hackers.

To me, you have a real threat of getting malware on your Mac just like Windows users do just not as serious but it's certainly there. I would stop wishing about PGM rewriting code to Mac and just use Bootcamp because you should be using online protection with either platform anyway.

Also, with Bootcamp you chose which platform you're using at any one time, correct? So that means don't use Windows for any online activity if you're worried about that, just use it for your PGM programs and use your Mac OS for everything else.

Bob

Biab/RB latest build, Win 11 Pro, Ryzen 5 5600 G, 512 Gig SSD, 16 Gigs Ram, Steinberg UR22 MkII, Roland Sonic Cell, Kurzweil PC3, Hammond SK1, Korg PA3XPro, Garritan JABB, Hypercanvas, Sampletank 3, more.